Restaurants in State College and Nearby.
I have been asked for restaurant
recommendations by visitors. Below you'll find the ones I
at. Those with a * are walking distance from campus.
- *Allen Street
nice for lunch; dinner a bit inconsistent.
- *Cozy Thai Bistro:
good Thai food; BYOB.
- Elk Creek Cafe:
nouveau Dutchie cuisine brewpub (must drive to Millheim).
- Faccia Luna: in my opinion best pizza in State College with a nice selection of beers - very nice homemade pasta dishes.
Tap House: brew pub with over 100 beers on tap.
- Harrison's Wine Grill and Catering: located in the Hilton on College, but a nice contemporary restaurant that has very good selection of wine by the glass and is kid friendly (Harrison is usually at the grill).
Szechuan: very good Szechuan.
Inn: located in the Nittany Lion Inn and not bad for
University/student run restaurant.
- Otto's Pub and Brewery: in the tradition of the classic brew pub - good beer and good food.
- *Pho 11: Vietnamese Restaurant with traditional pho's.
yes, a grocery store, but it has great sushi that can be had
amazingly wide selection of beers. Wegmans is an outstanding
- *Zola New World Bistro: upscale new American food - good selection of wine by the glass.
Of course any feedback is always welcomed.