Restaurants in State College and Nearby.
I have been asked for restaurant
recommendations by visitors. Below you'll find the ones I
at. Those with a * are walking distance from campus.
- *Allen Street
nice for lunch; dinner a bit inconsistent.
- American Ale House: cajun, good seafood and raw oysters
- Barrel 21: upscale American and good drinks
- *Cozy Thai Bistro:
good Thai food; BYOB.
- Elk Creek Cafe:
nouveau Dutchie cuisine brewpub (must drive to Millheim).
- Faccia Luna: in my opinion best pizza in State College with a nice selection of beers - very nice homemade pasta dishes.
- *Federal Tap House: brew pub with over 100 beers on tap.
- Gigi's Southern Table: nice southern style food and raw oysters.
- Harrison's Wine
Catering: great food and good wines by the glass
Szechuan: very good Szechuan.
Inn: located in the Nittany Lion Inn and not bad for university/student run restaurant. Can also eat at Whiskers.
- Otto's Pub and Brewery: in the tradition of the classic brew pub - good beer and good food.
- *Pho 11: Vietnamese Restaurant with traditional pho's.
- RE Farm: farm fresh food but must reserve and pay before
- *Tadashi: good Japanese food and sushi
yes, a grocery store, but it has great sushi that can be had
amazingly wide selection of beers. Wegmans is an outstanding
Of course any feedback is always welcomed.