Early Papers on Optics
Selected Publications From Optical Processing - Physics
- C.L. Giles, M.W. Goudreau, “Routing in Optical Multistage
Interconnection Networks: A Neural Network Solution,” IEEE/OSA J. of Lightwave Technology,
Special Issue on Optical Interconnections for Information Processing,
13(6), p. 1111, 1995.
- M.F. Sakr, S.P. Levitan, C.L. Giles, D.M. Chiarulli, B.G. Horne,
M. Maggini, “Predictive
Control of Opto-Electronic Reconfigurable
Interconnection Networks Using Neural Networks,” 2nd International Conference on Massively
Parallel Processing Using Optical Interconnections, (ed) E.
Schenfeld, 326-335, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos, CA, 1995
(Best Paper Award).
- B.K. Jenkins, C.L. Giles, "Superposition
in Optical Computing," Proceedings
of the International Commission on Optics Topical Meeting on Optical
Computing, Toulon, France, August, 407-413, 1988.
- C.L. Giles, T. Maxwell, "Learning,
Invariance, and Generalization in High Order Neural Networks," Applied
Optics, 26, #23, p. 4972 (1987). Reprinted in:
- (1) Selected Papers on Optical Computing, eds. H.J.
Caulfield and G. Gheen, SPIE Milestone Series, SPIE vol. 1142, 1989.
- (2) Artificial Neural Networks: Concepts and Theory,
eds. P. Mehra and B. W. Wah, IEEE Computer Society Press, Los Alamitos,
- (3) Selected Papers on Optical Neural Networks, ed. S.
Jutamulia, SPIE Milestone Series, SPIE vol. MS 96, 1994.
- Y.C. Lee, G. Doolen, H.H. Chen, G.Z. Sun, T. Maxwell, H.Y. Lee,
C.L. Giles, "Machine Learning Using a Higher Order Correlational
Network," Physica D, 22-D (1-3), p. 276, 1986.
- C.L. Giles, B.K. Jenkins, "Complexity Implications of Optical
Parallel Computing," (invited paper), Proceedings Twentieth Annual
Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems, and Computers, Pacific
Grove, CA., November, 1986.
- A.D. Fisher, C.L. Giles, J.N. Lee, “An Adaptive, Associative
Optical Computing Element,” Proceedings OSA Topical Meeting on
Optical Computing, WB4-1, 1985.
- A.D. Fisher, C.L. Giles, "Optical Adaptive Associative Computer
Architectures," Proceedings IEEE Compcon, Spring, CH2135-2/85,
p. 342, 1985.
- J. A. Blodgett, R. Athale, C. Giles and H. Szu, "Multiplexed
Coherent Optical Processor for Calculating Generalized Moments," Optics
Letters, 7, 7-9, 1982.
- G.R. Gindi, J. Arendt, H.H. Barrett, M.Y. Chui, A. Ervin, C.L.
Giles, M.A. Kujoory, E.L. Miller, R.G. Simpson, “Imaging with Rotation
Slit Apertures and Collimators,” Medical
Physics, 9, p. 324, 1982.
Magnetic properties of reflection and scattering
- C. Lee Giles, Walter J. Wild. "Brewster
angles for magnetic media," International
journal of infrared and millimeter waves, 6.3, 187-197, 1985.
- M. Kerker, D.S. Wang, C.L. Giles, “Electromagnetic
Magnetic Spheres,” Journal of Optical Society of America,
- Reprinted in: Selected Papers
Scattering, ed. Milton Kerker, SPIE vol. 951, 1988.
- C.L. Giles, W.J. Wild, “Fresnel
Reflection and Transmission at a
Planar Boundary from Media of Equal Refractive Indices,” Applied
Physics Letters, 40, 210-212, 1982.
- W.J. Wild, C.L. Giles, “Goos-Hanchen
Shifts from Absorbing
Media,” Physical Review A,
25, 2099-2101, 1982.