Office Phone: (814) 865-7884
giles there ist missing psu missing edu
Office Hours: listed with current course(s) being taught.
About Dr. Giles
Dr. C. Lee Giles is the David Reese Professor at the College of Information Sciences and Technology at the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. He is also Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, Professor of Supply Chain and Information Systems, and Director of the Intelligent Systems Research Laboratory. He directs the CiteSeerx project and codirects the ChemxSeer project at Penn State. He has been associated with Columbia University, the University of Maryland, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, the University of Pisa and the University of Trento. more . . .
- Director, The Intelligent Information Systems Research Laboratory, The Pennsylvania State U., University Park, PA.
- Professor, Graduate Faculty, Computer Science and Engineering, The Pennsylvania State U., University Park, PA.
- Professor, Courtesy Appointment, Supply Chain and Information Systems, The Pennsylvania State U., University Park, PA.
Selected Recent Publications
Selected recent work 2009-2012 (please see publications for
- Pucktada Treeratpituk, C. Lee Giles, "Name-Ethnicity Classification and Ethnicity-Sensitive Name Matching," Proceedings of the Twenty-Sixth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2012), 1141-1147, 2012.
- Madian Khabsa, Stephen Carman, Sagnik Ray Choudhury, C. Lee Giles, "A Framework for Bridging the Gap Between Open Source Search Tools," SIGIR 2012 Workshop onOpen Source Information Retrieval (OSIR 2012), 2012.
- Hung-Hsuan Chen, Liang Gou, Xiaolong (Luke) Zhang, C. Lee Giles,
missing links in networks using vertex similarity measures," Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on
Applied Computing (SAC 2012), 138-143, 2012.
- Saurabh Kataria, Prasenjit Mitra, Cornelia Caragea, C. Lee Giles, "Context Sensitive Topic Models for Author Influence in Document Networks," International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2011), 2274-2280, 2011.
- Pucktada Treeratpituk, Pradeep Teregowda, Jian Huang, C. Lee Giles, "SEERLAB: A System for Extracting Keyphrases from Scholarly Documents," Proceedings of the 5th International ACL Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval 2010), 182-185, 2010.
- Jian Huang, Pucktada Treeratpituk, Sarah Taylor, C. Lee Giles, "Enhancing Cross Document Coreference of Web Documents with Context Similarity and Very Large Scale Text Categorization," The 23rd International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2010), 483-491, 2010.
- P.B Teregowda, B. Urgaonkar,
C.L. Giles, "Cost
Implications Of Moving To The Cloud: A Digital Libraries Perspective,"
2nd USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics
in Cloud Computing (HotCloud '10), 2010.
- P.B. Teregowda, I.G. Councill, J.P FernÃ¡ndez R., M. Kasbha, S. Zheng, C.L. Giles, "SeerSuite: Developing a Scalable and Reliable Application Framework for Building Digital Libraries by Crawling the Web," 1st USENIX Conference on Web Application Development, 2010.
- Pucktada Treeratpituk, C. Lee Giles, "Disambiguating authors in academic publications using random forests," ACM/IEEE Joint International Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2009), 39-48, 2009.
- Jian Huang, Sarah M. Taylor, Jonathan L. Smith, Konstantinos A.
Fotiadis, C. Lee Giles, "Solving the
"Who's Mark Johnson" Puzzle: Information Extraction Based Cross
Document Coreference," Proceedings
of North American Chapter of the Association for Computational
Linguistics - Human Language Technologies 2009 Conference (NAACL-HLT
2009), student research workshop (SRW), 7-12, 2009.
- A. Rangaswamy, C.L.
Giles, S. Seres, "A
Perspective on Search Engines: Thought Candies for Practitioners and
Researchers," Journal of
Interactive Marketing, (1), 49-60, 2009.
- more . . .